2015 ISBNPA Pre-Conference Training
Edinburgh, Scotland International Conference Centre
Applying Self-Determination Theory to Health-Behavior Interventions
Presented by Self-Determination Theory Institute Expert Trainer: Jennifer G. La Guardia, Ph.D.
June 2, 2015
OVERVIEW & TRAINING OBJECTIVESSelf-Determination Theory is one of the leading psychological theories on motivation & a powerful cornerstone to building a successful health initiative, program or intervention. In this training, attendees will
- Gain a deeper understanding of SDT principles &
Discover precisely why SDT provides a powerful framework for:
- Improving motivation for behavior change
- Cultivating value for important health behaviors
- Creating meaningful goals
- Learn to practically apply the SDT framework in actionable ways, helping researchers and practitioners translate theory into practice
- Explore how SDT is synergistic with your health initiatives, program, or intervention and can help create lasting change and improved long-term health outcomes
- Learn how to utilize SDT in different modes of treatment delivery (including mobile health, individual, and group modalities)
- Distinguish the SDT approach from other prominent interventions (MI, CBT, Stages of Change).