Institute for Positive Psychology and Education
PhD Scholarship OpportunityProfessor Richard Ryan and Associate Professor Chris Lonsdale are seeking to recruit a promising student to complete a PhD under their supervision at the Institute for Positive Psychology and Education (IPPE), AustralianCatholic University. The candidate will complete a doctoral thesis on a topic related to a randomised controlled trial of a web-based teacher professional development intervention. The intervention is grounded in self-determination theory principles and is designed to promote autonomous motivation towards physical activity in primary school-aged students. Thesis topics could include, but are not limited to, the effects of the intervention on students’ health, well-being, and engagement with academic lessons. We welcome applications from individuals with a background in psychology, education, sport science, or another discipline related to the project. Successful Candidate will Receive:
- a tax free stipend of $30,000AUD per annum for three years;
- funding for project costs;
- a Commonwealth-funded place for domestic students;
- a tuition fee waiver; and
- Overseas Health Care Policy for international students.
- Academic excellence, including, but not limited to, academic awards or grants;
- Skills in quantitative research methods and statistics;
- Previous research experience;
- Alignment of research experience and interests with the Physical Activity, Sport & Health Psychology research theme within IPPE;
- Ability to contribute to a team; and
- English language skills.